Various upgrades were required throughout Victorian rural stations thus improving the rail infrastructure capabilities throughout the regional centre.
The works consisted of:
- Upgrades to the stations mains power supply and switchboard, installation and commissioningof LED lights
- Internal and external painting
- Roof replacement works
- Installation of carpet flooring
- Lighting and electrical upgrades
- Tactile installation and upgrades
- Signalling upgrades
The challenges and key issues that were critical to achieving a successful outcome included a strict construction program, the establishment of an expert team and development of the construction methodology/rail disruption plan to avoid any impact on rail corridors.
Ducon worked very closely with the heritage consultant to ensure the buildings continued to look the way the original design team considered over a decade ago.
Ducon were also able to call upon our vast network of rural contractors to support the completion of the maintenance program.The team complemented and enhanced Ducons extensive rail infrastructure experience and capability.