At some point or another, we have all experienced those projects where excavation is located within a high operational environment, too close to a building or near underground services. This can cause significant risk to workers and the community alike and prove costly to any organisation.
We have all heard those Dial Before you Dig advertisements, but what can we actually do about it?
NDD can help in any of the below situations;
- Sensitive asset exposure
- Draining pit and manhole fluids as well as storm drains, conduit and pipes
- Digging post holes and vacuum excavating pit holes
- Safely exposing tree roots with minimal impact
- Safe and effective removal of bore fluid around directional drilling machinery.
If you find yourself in this situation, the chances are you need a Non-Destructive Digging (NDD) solution. NDD comes in a few different methods:
- Pit Cleaning
- Pipe Jetting
- Pot Holing and many other applications of NDD.
NDD method of digging can be used to pothole or expose underground utilities and has been identified as the safest method of excavation. This ensures there is minimal risk of damaging underground services such as gas lines, water lines, power cables, telecommunication cables and leaves a clean work site due to the vacuums used to suck up the soil.